Lincoln Memorial Shuts Out Lenoir-Rhyne, 9-0, In Men's Tennis
March 30, 2012
L-R plays at Carson-Newman on Saturday beginning at 1:00 p.m.
Lenoir-Rhyne University senior Michael Owens and the Bears fell to Lincoln Memorial University by a 9-0 score in a South Atlantic Conference men's tennis match on Friday afternoon in Harrogate, Tenn.
Harrogate, Tenn. - The Lincoln Memorial Men's Tennis Team (9-2, 3-2) shut out Lenoir-Rhyne (1-10, 0-7), 9-0, in South Atlantic Conference action Friday afternoon at the Lincoln Memorial Tennis Complex.
L-R next competes against Carson-Newman in a league match on Saturday in Jefferson City, Tenn., beginning at 1:00 p.m.
Lincoln Memorial travels to Mars Hill, N.C., to take on league-foe Mars Hill on Saturday at Noon.
NCAA Division II Men's Tennis Final
Lincoln Memorial 9, Lenoir-Rhyne 0
(Lincoln Memorial Tennis Complex)
March 30, 2012
1. Philipp Hoffmann (LMU) def. Aroon Khatter (L-R), 6-1, 6-1
2. Will Sparks (LMU) def. Robby Blackburn (L-R), 6-0, 6-0
3. Marcelo Alvim (LMU) def. David Richardson (L-R), 6-2, 6-2
4. Alexey Minevskiy (LMU) def. Michael Owens (L-R), 6-1, 6-0
5. Tom Goossens (LMU) def. Graydon Dunn (L-R), 6-1, 6-1
6. Stefan Hall (LMU) def. Jarod Styres (L-R), 6-3, 6-1
1. Philipp Hoffmann/Tom Goossens (LMU) def. Aroon Khatter/David Richardson (L-R), 8-4
2. Will Sparks/Marcelo Alvim (LMU) def. Graydon Dunn/Jarod Styres (L-R), 8-5
3. Michael Koenen/Alexey Minevskiy (LMU) def. Robby Blackburn/Michael Owens (L-R), 8-1
Records: Lenoir-Rhyne (1-10, 0-7 SAC), Lincoln Memorial (9-2, 3-2 SAC)